Tuesday, June 17, 2014

How Can I Stop And Uninstall HP Document Viewer?



 

Posted by Gina Richter in Blog AntiMalware Pro Uninstall, Force Uninstall a program, Uninstall common programs

 

on June 18th, 2014 | 5 Comments

 


hp-document-viewerMy cousin was attempting to remove HP software due to hpqtra08.exe problem. This is why he ran into a problem removing the Document Viewer. Laptop turned around after reboot and attempted an automatic reinstall of Document Viewer, eventually asking for CD ROM or other removable disk. At bottom of box, it listed the number 1 as a source or to browse. He inserted install disk, which it rejected. I had it continue, and it did, to a point that I got a warning popup about the JIT debugger, and that it wasn’t going away. It’s plated on my machine permanently on top like a tattoo, and he cannot continue uninstalling anything else until this is resolved.

 

Also, there are many HP users telling me that now each time on Game tap they try to start games, it comes up with “searching for HP Document Viewer”. They tried HP Online support, they said it was a driver and registry problem, but what they suggested with the printer driver and registry key didn’t help.

 

I would not consider myself an “expert”. But I believe I managed to erase an important file folder for my HP Image Zone/Document Viewer software. Now I can use Image Zone Express, but when I try to open Image Zone or the Document Viewer I get an error message that the path to

 C:\hp\tmp\src\CDA\setup\DocumentViewer\

 

I did a little investigating and found out that the “tmp” subfolder is missing from the “hp” folder. I tried searching for it, also searching for the “DocumentViewer.msi” setup file, but I can’t find them. I did contact tech support for a chat, but they say the only thing I can do is a System Recovery, and I don’t feel like backing everything up and reinstalling everything I’ve ever downloaded. Fortunately, I find these ways to remove HP Document Viewer.

 

Actually, Document Viewer is part of the software that comes with HP Printers. I try to use the CD that came with the printer to reinstall the software for the printer. But this doesn’t fix the problems.

 

I also use the Windows native uninstaller utility to remove all traces of the HP Printer software, but it fails again. HP Document Viewer will not go away until I apply a Force Uninstall with Perfect Uninstaller.

 

force-uninstall-icon-pu

 

When the Perfect Uninstaller is installed, I drag the icon of HP Document Viewer on the display panel and it does find the directory of it and uninstall it with a few uninstalling process. It’s incredible. You should try it to uninstall Adobe Reader 9.0 if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment